CCA took 13 events to State Individual contest on Saturday at Vinton-Shellsburg. They represented CCA very well. The following are the results:
- Ashley Ives - after-dinner speaking
- Jacob Tener - radio broadcasting
- Mallory Barney - storytelling
- Shanea Condon - public address
- Chad Keitel - prose
- Miles Lucas - acting
- Lizzie Garvin - poetry & storytelling
- Logan Davis - after-dinner speaking & storytelling
- Mary Kate Meade - solo musical theater
- Jessica Wayson - poetry
- Gabi Scarpa - prose
CCA had two groups chose to perform at the Large Group All-State Festival at Iowa State University on February 16! Congratulations to the Off to School We Go mime group of Logan Davis, Rachel Henkle, Shannon Siders, Trevor Toy and Lizzie Garvin. Also, congratulations to Ashley Ives' solo mime, The Pet Store.
The following groups received overall II ratings at State competition:
- The Right to Remain - Andrey Floryanovich, Denton Roberts, Lauren Judge Improv - Tessa McRoberts, Denton Roberts, Megan Lukas Slightly Exaggerated - Rachel Beckler, Reagan Heath, Megan Lukas, Maia Davidson, Whitney Schutterle, Rachel Henkle
The following groups received overall I rating at State competition:
- Summer Days - Tessa McRoberts
- Two Old Men - Trevor Toy, Chad Keitel
- Radio - Alison DeVore, Mary Kate Meade, Lauren Judge, Abbey Owen, Austen Carnahan, Jacob Tener, Ben Alcorn
The following groups received straight I ratings at State competition:
- Improv - Logan Davis, Ashley Ives, Shanea Condon
- The Pet Store - Ashley Ives
- Iowa Fair - Rachel Beckler, Mallory Barney, Jenna Watts, Reagan Heath
- Reader's Theater - Gabi Scarpa, Jordan Pierce, Andrey Floryanovich, Ben Alcorn, Jacob Tener, Mary Kate Meade, Alison DeVore, Shaunessey Crozier, Bekah Williams, Austen Carnahan, Mollie Sherman, Dawson Williams, Chad Keitel
- Off to School We Go - Logan Davis, Rachel Henkle, Shannon Siders, Trevor Toy, Lizzie Garvin
CCA had a great showing at the WaMaC Individual Speech competition on Saturday, February 9. The following students placed in their categories:
- 3rd Place
- Mary Kate Meade (Musical Theater)
- Logan Davis (After Dinner)
- Lizzie Garvin (Poetry) Ashley Ives (Lit. Program)
- Jessica Wayson (Original Oratory)
- 2nd Place
- Miles Lucas (Acting)
- Shanea Condon (Original Oratory)
- Mary Kate Meade (Spontaneous Speaking)
- Chad Keitel (Prose)
- 1st Place
- Alison DeVore (Radio)
The CCA Large Group Speech team had a good showing at the WaMaC Conference competition on Monday at Vinton-Shellsburg.
Short Film and The Right to Remain Ensemble placed 5th.
Slightly Exaggerated ensemble tied for 4th.
Reader's Theater, Radio, the Improv group of Ashley Ives, Shanea Condon, & Logan Davis, and the Iowa Fair mime all placed 2nd. Ashley Ives and Tessa McRoberts tied for 1st in solo mime.
The Off to School We Go mime of Logan Davis, Shannon Siders, Rachel Henkle, Lizzie Garvin, and Trevor Toy placed 1st in group mime.
What a great start to the large group speech season. We are looking forward to a strong District competition on Saturday at Keota.
Iowa High School Speech Association: www.ihssa.org