CCA BOARD MEETING CALENDAR
6:00 - Work Session
7:00 - Regular Meeting
Clear Creek Elementary
Board workshop sessions are open meetings. Please note that the board does not typically hold a public forum for community input during workshop sessions.
WORK SESSION MINUTES
APRIL 17, 2013
The Clear Creek Amana Community School District Board of Directors met in work session on Wednesday, April 17, 2013 at the Clear Creek Elementary School Library, Oxford, Iowa. President Schmidt called the meeting to order at 6:00 pm. Members present: Broghammer, Davis (joined meeting at 6:50), Hergert, Pitlick, Schmidt, Seelman, Swenka.
Motion Seelman, second Hergert to approve the agenda. Pitlick yes; Schmidt yes; Seelman yes; Swenka yes; Broghammer yes; Davis absent.
Recommendations from Facility Study Committee
Board received the recommendations of the Facility Study Committee. Brad Fox reviewed the work of the committee and presented a brief overview of the three (3) recommendations proposed by the committee. Details of the options are available on the CCA website under the Community tab and in the administration office. Board has scheduled a work session on May 8, 2013 to discuss the options in detail.
Jim Glasgow presented a proposal to the Board regarding land available for purchase directly west of the existing high school in Tiffin. Purchase price is $8,000,000 for 54 acres. The Board will access the needs of the District and consider the availability.
Motion Seelman, second Swenka to adjourn at 7:05 pm. Ayes – all.
REGULAR MEETING MINUTES
APRIL 19, 2013
The Clear Creek Amana Community School District Board of Directors met in regular session on Wednesday, April 17, 2013 at the Clear Creek Elementary School, Oxford, Iowa. President Schmidt called the meeting to order at 7:10 pm. Members present: Broghammer, Davis, Hergert, Pitlick, Schmidt, Seelman, Swenka.
Motion Pitlick, second Seelman to approve the agenda. Seelman yes; Swenka yes; Broghammer yes; Davis yes; Hergert yes; Pitlick yes; Schmidt yes.
Community/Public Forum - none
Facilities Committee Committee identified three (3) options to address future facility needs. The options were presented as recommendations to the board at the work session. Board scheduled work session for May 8 to gather more information and review options in detail.
NBE Progress Ray Willoughby, District construction manager and Keith Johnk, Shive Hattery gave updates on the NBE addition. Project on schedule. Punch list will be issued June 12 with the anticipated completion date as June 28. NBE driveway work to be completed after school is out. Teaching and Learning-Dan Dvorak, CCE Principal, presented PBIS (Positive Behavior Intervention Supports) program. The program provides a common language with common expectations for students and staff. The District worked closely with Grant Wood and Iowa City for training and development. For each negative comment, 5 7 positive comments are stated in an effort to reinforce the positive behavior. Another important component of the program is to encourage students to advocate for yourself.
Superintendent Report-Formal reports will be available for the completed DE Site, Equity and Early Childhood Visits. Legislative session has not produced Allowable Growth numbers. A few districts across the state have negotiated settlements. Watching carefully the flood waters and how it may affect the transportation of students. Work continues on staffing, PD work and literacy.
Board-President Schmidt introduced conversation about the upcoming board election. The Board will host a work session for prospective board candidates and a public forum prior to the September 2013 election.
- Motion Pitlick, second Seelman to Accept the 2011-12 Audit report. Swenka yes; Broghammer yes; Davis yes; Hergert yes; Pitlick yes; Schmidt yes; Seelman yes.
- Motion Pitlick, second Hergert to Approve Bus Purchases. Broghammer no; Davis yes; Hergert yes; Pitlick yes; Schmidt yes; Seelman yes; Swenka no. District will purchase two (2) busses from PPEL and one (1) regular and two (2) SPED busses from general fund. Total for 2012-13 PPEL - $77,859.00 & GF- $107,632; Total for 2013-14 PPEL - $172,858.00
- Motion Davis, second Hergert to Approve Middle School Bleacher Purchase. Davis yes; Hergert yes; Pitlick yes; Schmidt yes; Seelman yes; Swenka yes; Broghammer yes. MS Bleachers purchased from Townsend Company in the amount of $33,695.00.
- Motion Seelman, second Broghammer to Approve Consent Items. Hergert yes; Pitlick yes; Schmidt yes; Seelman yes; Swenka yes; Broghammer yes; Davis yes.
- Minutes of March 13, 2013 Work Session and Regular Meeting; April 1, 2013 Work Session Open Enrollments IN 2012-13: Dayne Van Dyke, 1st, Iowa City; Aiden Jiras, 2nd, Williamsburg; Alexander Jiras, 5th, Williamsburg; Austin Jiras, 7th, Williamsburg OUT 2012-13: Kaitlyn Witt, 4th, Mid Prairie; Emily Witt, 8th, Mid Prairie IN 2013-14: Ashlyn Wherry, K, Iowa City; Recommendation to Deny-Carter Carew, 12th, West Branch-after March 1 and does not meet good cause OUT 2013-14: Tavien Moss, K, Iowa City; Sariyan Richmond, 3rd, Iowa City; Ben Kueter, 4th, Iowa City, Sam Kueter, 2nd, Iowa City; Fidel Flores, K, Iowa City; Mallory Jasper, 9th, Williamsburg
- Staff Changes - New Hires: James Krogman, sub bus; Jacqueline Biger, HS Librarian; Michelle Staudt as credit recovery summer teacher; Kaleb Heffner, HS Asst Baseball; Leisa Breitfelder, Director of Student Services; Christine Berlin, HS English/Lang Arts and Yearbook Advisor
- Resignations: Dennis Haas, AE Custodian, effective April 30, 2013; Jason Goslin, HS Soc Studies, HD Boys Golf; Joseph Graf, HS Asst Boys Basketball; Alissa Hansen, HS Lang Artsand Yearbook Advisor; Brenda Currier, AE and Springmier Public Library Asst, effective March 30, 2013; Kimberly Meller, Asst Speech; Stephanie St. John, CCE classroom aide
Bills in the amount of $514,485.99
- Financial Reports
2013-14 Mount Mercy Student Teaching Agreement
2013-14 Cornell College Student Teaching Agreement
2013-14 Iowa Wesleyan College Student Teaching Agreement
2013-14 University of Northern Iowa Student Teaching Agreement
- Financial Reports
Review of Supt Interview Schedule
Lori Robertson, Board Secretary, reviewed the schedule for the upcoming supt interviews. Board meeting dates include: April 19 select 4-5 interview candidates; April 22 - interview 4-5 candidates and select 2 finalists; April 24 interview finalist ; April 25 interview finalist.
Motion Pitlick, second Hergert to adjourn at 9:55 pm. Ayes all.
Contact our School Board
These comments are accessible by all board members, board secretary and superintendent, at any time. Comments posted here will be summarized for board members once a month and will be acknowledged by the board during public meeting.